Agriculture is a dynamic and exciting industry. Our people are passionate about helping our partners achieve their goals.
Impact Ag Partners has over $600 AUM, 500,000 acres of farmland across Australia and the United States with annual and permanent crops and integrated grazing livestock. Among productivity and financial achievements, increases in soil carbon sequestration have led to the monetisation of $1 million AUD in eco-system services. This approach creates value through practising regenerative agriculture as a nature-based solution.
As a specialist agricultural asset management firm, we identify investment opportunities and raise capital, conduct due diligence, negotiate acquisition, and then operate the assets as part of a complete asset management offering. In executing investment strategies, we are accountable for reporting all financial, statutory and compliance requirements, as well as business administrative functions.
You will have the opportunity to become a part of a company, with a healthy and positive workplace culture, where all staff are encouraged to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Positions with Impact Ag Partners
Impact Ag Partners is seeking an efficient Bookkeeper to join their team based in their Armidale office. If you have accountancy and/or high-level bookkeeping experience and knowledge of the Xero accounting software or equivalent and are looking for a fun and motivating working environment with a progressive and dynamic team, this position is for you.
The Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for the administration and coordination of maintaining accurate accounts processing including accounts payable and receivable, payroll, invoicing, and the daily financial entries and reconciliations for Impact Ag Partners and their asset management partners.
Impact Ag Partners prides itself on investing in its team and its culture. You will have the opportunity to become a part of a company, with a healthy and positive workplace ethos, where all staff are encouraged to achieve their personal and professional goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing, maintenance, and accurate accounting records in multiple Xero software packages
- Weekly processing of accounts receivable and payable, and payment of accounts
- Fortnightly payroll, superannuation, PAYG, and quarterly BAS
- Work closely with the CFO
- General accounts reporting
Skills and experience required:
- Accountancy and/or high-level bookkeeping experience
- Xero software experience or equivalent software
- Demonstrate knowledge of general accounting principles and practices and the basic application and use of concepts, theories, and terminology of accounting
- Ability to manage multiple organisation’s company accounts at once
- Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Competency in Microsoft office environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and take initiative to prevent incidents
- Capacity to take on more work as the company grows
- Understanding and/or experience of an agricultural enterprise (desirable)
- A current Australian Drivers Licence
- Australian residency
This is a part-time position (approx. 2-3 days per week). A copy of the position description is available HERE. To apply, send your application and resume, including a cover letter outlining how you meet the key responsibilities and skills and experience to email@example.com
Positions across our Managed Assets
Darling Downs, Qld
Impact Ag on behalf of their partner is seeking a motivated Manager to join their team on a high quality, large scale, broadacre farming operation in the Darling Downs region of Queensland.
The Broadacre Cropping Manager is primarily responsible for the management, coordination, and execution of operational and strategic plans of all farm operations including the day-to-day farm operations, planning and operational administration, livestock and cropping production while managing employees and contractors in compliance with all relevant strategic plans, policies, procedures, legislation, and regulations.
Key responsibilities include –
- Managing all day-to-day farm operations, planning, and operational administration.
- Working with staff and/or contractors to ensure daily activities are carried out in accordance with business plans and budgets.
- Manage production inputs, and data collection relating to soil, plants, and climate.
- Managing a small livestock part of the business.
- Be involved in and contribute to the budgeting process and business plan development, monitoring business performance against budgets as well as researching and recommending opportunities for the business.
- Use of data management systems to assist with documenting the operation’s performance as well as periodic reporting.
- Open to innovative ideas and thought-provoking leadership by implementing system and practice changes.
Broadacre Regenerative Agriculture
North-Eastern Wheatbelt, WA
Our partners are looking for a Manager with the right aptitude to join their team as they expand their methods of regenerative agriculture across a diversifying property portfolio. Candidates with broadacre farming experience are highly favoured. Roles include operating seeding, spraying and harvest equipment, as well as undertaking livestock husbandry requirements and general farm maintenance.
In addition to farming operations, the candidate will report directly to the Advisory Board on planning and operational administration which includes data management of the cropping program (Agworld), production inputs, livestock, human resources (including WH&S), and all measures relating to soil, plants and climate. Measured improvements in biodiversity will be supported with a certified natural capital accounting framework. The ability to effectively use data management systems will be essential to assist with documenting the operations performance and reporting periodically.
This opportunity allows individuals, couples, or families to be located in the north-eastern wheatbelt and learn from world-renowned innovators in regenerative agriculture while assisting with the ongoing development of new and existing team roles within the farming operations. We aim to provide an inspiring example for restoring and enhancing areas of the wheatbelt by enabling a multi-skilled team of passionate people with a shared vision.
For more information and how to apply download more information here